Cantabria Labs, the creator and manufacturer of Heliocare, are leaders in product innovation and committed to minimising their impact on the environment.
There is strong evidence regarding the potentially harmful effects of two filters on the coral reef, which will in fact be banned in a number of countries: octinoxate and oxybenzone.
As such, Cantabria Labs have ensured that the latest additions to the Heliocare 360° range, and any future developments don’t contain these ingredients.
Products that do not contain these ingredients include:
- Heliocare 360° Oil Free Gel
- Heliocare 360° Fluid Cream
- Heliocare 360° Mineral Tolerance Fluid
- Heliocare 360° Color Cushion Compacts (all colours)
- Heliocare 360° Gel Oil Free Color (all colours)
- Heliocare 360° Invisible Spray
- Heliocare 360° Water Gel
- Heliocare Ultra Gel SPF 90/50+
- Heliocare Ultra Cream SPF 90/50+
- Heliocare Color Gelcream SPF 50
Over time, the awareness, understanding and evidence behind sunscreens causing damage to the coral reef is growing – both from a research, conservation, and manufacturing point of view. It has come to light that some traditional filters regularly used in sunscreens can cause harm to the coral reef. Products that contain oxybenzone or octinoxate (also known as ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) have recently been banned in Hawaii for this reason.
While oxybenzone doesn’t feature in any Heliocare products, octinoxate is in some of the Heliocare products, however Cantabria Labs are working on removing octinoxate from all Heliocare formulations.