Everyone needs sunscreen all year round. But there's two different categories that these sunscreens fit into. Today we're going to dive into each of them and explain how to choose what's right for you.So what is sunscreen?
Topical photoprotection is a cosmetic product that is applied to the skin to protect against damage caused by the sun.What's in it?
Below is an example of an ideal composition, however the majority of standard sunscreens do not incorporate all of these ingredients.
Also called physical or inorganic filters
- Protect the skin by reflecting and scattering UV radiation
- Tolerance is good if you use mineral filters of good quality (recommended for sensitive or intolerant skin)
- Thick consistency: can sometimes leave a white effect and be difficult to spread.
Also called organic filters
- Protect the skin by absorbing UV radiation
- Tolerance depends on the type and quality of the UV filter
- Transparent on the skin and easier to spread
Breakdown between the two filters