To understand what the sun is doing to your skin, first we need to understand light.
The light spectrum is comprised of various wavelengths which penetrate into the skin to various depths. The longer the wavelength, the deeper the rays penetrate the skin.
Did you know?
- In cloudy conditions, part of the radiation will always penetrate the skin
- Snow reflects 75-90% of solar radiation
- Part of the sun's rays can penetrate through water
- Even in the shade, radiation can reach the skin
- Between 10 and 4 pm, UVB radiation is at its peak
- UVA radiation is constant all day long
- UVA passes through glass, for example home & car windows
- Screens such as mobile phones, tablets, computers etc emit blue light (High-Energy Visible Light or HEVL) which has an impact on skin aging
Recent investigations in photobiology show that cutaneous (skin) damage caused by solar radiation is not due exclusively to UV radiation: visible and infrared radiations also play an important role.
What are the effects of each wavelength?
Chronic exposure conditions increase the probability of photoaging, hyperpigmentation and the development of skin cancers.
How do these effects appear on your skin?
- Loss of firmness
- Erythema (Skin redness such as sunburn)
How do we protect your skin from the full light spectrum?
We should be thinking "Daylight Protection" rather than just sun protection. Remembering that all parts of the light spectrum can cause damage to our skin will help to change our behavior so we're not only applying sunscreen when we're in the sun, but applying it every day.
Pairing your sunscreen with Heliocare Capsules is a great way to ensure you're protecting your skin from the full light spectrum, all day long - especially in winter.
That's why dermatologists are recommending patients take 1x Heliocare 360° capsule every morning before leaving the house as well as applying a full spectrum sunscreen to ensure day-long protection.
That's why we're offering you our 360° Blue Light "Tech Protect" pack for $95 + postage.
That's a saving of $33.95!